Monday, February 13, 2012

Menu Monday- 2/13- Thought on Love

Ah Valentine’s Day…..  A day of eating out, eating chocolate, getting flowers, etc…..  Not in my house!  My husband and I have gone out for Valentine’s Day ON Valentine’s Day only ONCE in our 16 year relationship.  That was the first year.  We decided after that that we would most definitely stay in on Valentine’s Day Smile  It works for us.  My husband doesn’t like crowds, so we avoid them if possible.  We also don’t go out for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day.

So, for years, we have celebrated our love for our FAMILY on Valentine’s Day, and you know what?  I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world!  Why does this holiday that’s all about love seem to be reserved for adults?  Don’t our kids deserve to have a day on the calendar that is about loving them too?  Shouldn’t we focus on TRUE love?  That is, the Agape Love that GOD has for us?

I don’t do anything really big, I just got each of the kids (and the hub) a small box of chocolates.  I might decorate the table and stuff, depends on how my day goes LOL…  And, I’ll have a Valentine’s Day themed meal Smile  It’s what works for us Smile  Michael and I will go out for our regular date night later in the week and enjoy each other’s company minus the crowds Smile

So, how do you celebrate Valentine’s Day?

Here’s the menu for the week:

Monday:  Biscuits and Gravy, Eggs, Bacon

Tuesday:  Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Wednesday:  Snack Dinner for me and the babies

Thursday:  Date Night Smile  Kid food for the kiddos

Friday:  Pizza and a movie with the kids

Saturday:  Kids Night In at the church, I’m thinking of taking the older boys to a movie Smile

Sunday:  Sloppy Joes, Fries Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)